Are you an outgoing and energetic Go-Getter with a passion for community? Beacon Heights Community League, as a part of Abundant Communities Edmonton (ACE) is looking for that special person to make a difference!
With support and supervision from the Abundant Communities Neighbourhood Connector, the Community Connector will assist in the connection and engagement of neighbours in Beacon Heights Community League area. This will include assisting in the identifying of potential Block Leaders, supporting block parties, promoting ACE at weekly farmer’s markets and other community events, supporting community league Canada 150 celebrations, and the collection and entry of data from neighbour interviews for community vision. The ideal candidate will possess experience with community, recreation, and/or social programs, customer service, data entry, and an ability to work independently and as a team. The successful candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*;
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations;
- be available some evenings and weekends;
Knowledge of the Beacon Heights, Abbottsfield, and/or Bergman neighbourhoods and a commitment to the vibrancy and well-being of these communities are considered valuable assets.
Hours of Work: up to 9 weeks @ 33 hours per week, days and hours vary
Salary: up to $15.00/hour
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your cover letter, resume, and other applicable information.