Memberships are up for renewal after August 31st, sold each year in September. You can contact the Membership Director for more information: email@example.com
Family Membership – $25.00 (discounted to $20 prior to Community League day in September)
Individual Membership – $15.00
Senior (65+) Membership – $5.00 per person
If your new to the community or never thought about joining before your membership dues go along way in creating programs and events for the community.
To become a full member of the Beacon Heights Community League, you must live within the league boundaries: West of 50th street, North of 118th Avenue up to the Yellowhead Trail.
Associate memberships are also available. Associate members may participate participate in community league events, programs and sports, but do not have voting rights.
Benefits of Membership
- AGM voting rights
- Community programs
- Social events
- Rental of the Highlands Community Hall at reduced rates
- Participation in community sports
- City of Edmonton community rink access
- City of Edmonton – Discount for Annual and Punch Pass
- Telus World of Science – Discount on Admission and Memberships
What Does the Community League do?
The Beacon Heights Community League help build a strong, diverse and proactive community by acknowledging and responding to the needs of our members.
- We maintain the outdoor skating rinks.
- We work with the City of Edmonton to provide summer and playground programs and other opportunities.
- We organize, coach, and host children’s indoor and outdoor soccer, baseball, and green shack program, canine training and much more.
- We organize fun all inclusive events throughout the year.
- We own and maintain the community hall.
What are our current big projects?
- Rink Shack updates for furnace, hot water tank, and windows
- Community Hall roof repair
- Community Park Redevelopment
Where do we get our funding?
The Beacon Heights Community League has several sources of funding for different initiatives and projects.
- Our Fall Membership Drive is an important fundraiser. High membership helps us obtain more external funding.
- We apply for grants through the City of Edmonton and the Province of Alberta.
- We host a casino every two years.
- Fees from the sports teams assist in the cost of sports
- Raffle tickets
How do I find out what is happening in the community?
- Walk about and visit with neighbours.
- Attend community events
- Read & contribute to the quarterly newspaper, or the weekly updated website.
- Join the Beacon Heights Facebook page.
How can I become involved?
I want to volunteer. Now what?
Do you have an interest in some of the activities already mentioned or would you be interested in starting a new project to enhance Beacon Heights? Together, we may be able to make your concept a reality.
We want you to feel welcome, and the community will benefit from your contribution.
All community league members are welcome at Beacon Heights Executive Board meetings! Check out this months meeting date.
To add an agenda item, make an inquiry, present an idea or volunteer for the Executive Board, please contact the President of the community league.
Community League Wellness Program at City of Edmonton Facilities
Present your valid Beacon Heights Community League membership card, showing expiry date (payment receipts will not be accepted) at any
one of the City of Edmonton’s sports and fitness facilities and choose from the following Community League Wellness Products:
- *Annual Pass – Community League Members receive a 10% discount on Adult, Family, Child and Youth/Senior Annual Passes.
- *Continuous Monthly Pass – Community League Members enjoy a 10% discount using our convenient Pre-Authorized Debit Program.
- *Multi Admission Pass – Community League members receive a 10% discount on our already discounted multi admission pass (starting at 5 visits).
Community League members who purchase the above passes will be issued a photo access card which is to be swiped at each admission. *Applies to new purchases only.